There is currently no specific funding available. However, opportunities do come up regularly and you can always apply as a fee-paying PhD student, so please do get in touch if you are interested. Please contact us ahead of time to discuss projects, and see the Leeds Beckett Research Degrees Information page for information about fees and how to apply.
We are interested in supervising students wanting to complete a PhD on the following topics. We’ve indicated useful skills and interests for each project when relevant; links will take you to more specific details.
- Throwing for distance and accuracy
- Coordination dynamics: performance, learning and transfer of learning in coordinated rhythmic movements
- Using trans-cranical Direct Current Stimulation (tDCS) to shape behaviour (with Zoe Kolokotroni)
- Ecological approaches to studying language learning and use
- Learning to perceive and/or produce novel speech sounds
- Creating enjoyable and effective methods of reading text on small screen devices
- Using dynamic text displays to improve recall and comprehension of structured texts (e.g., poetry, speeches)
- Conveying speaker attributes through dynamic text displays