Leeds Beckett University offers a Masters by Research (1 year full time, 2 year part time). This has no taught component; instead, you plan and complete a specific piece of work and complete a thesis within the time frame.
We are interested in supervising students wanting to complete an MRes on the following topics. We’ve indicated useful skills and interests for each project when relevant. Contact us ahead of time if you are interested.
- Studying learning and transfer of learning using coordinated rhythmic movement
- Throwing for distance and accuracy (would suit a Sports Science graduate with an interest in motor control, experience using high speed motion tracking cameras a bonus)
- Learning to perceive and/or produce novel speech sounds
- Creating enjoyable and effective methods of reading text on small screen devices
- Using dynamic text displays to improve recall and comprehension of Shakespeare’s plays/sonnets
- The timing of confidence – conveying authority through timings in dynamic text displays